Founders Devil Dancer | Founders Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Founders Devil DancerFounders Devil Dancer

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Triple IPA. Dry-hopped for twenty-six days straight with a combination of 10 hop varieties. 112 actual IBU; although it calculates to over 200!

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-17-2004

Ratings: 5,045 |  Reviews: 1,485

3.85/5  rDev -2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

12oz bottle poured into a snifter. Surprised to snag a 4 pack at my local bottle shop, this is the first time I've been able to get my hands on some. Bottled on date is 6/8/13.

A- Pours a clear deep amber/ mahogany color with a very small amount of white head that quickly fades. Lacing is apparent along the sides of the glass.

S- Hops and booze in the aroma. The hops give off a piney and dank aroma. I also get a sweet syrupy note too.

T- The initial sip is deceiving in that it goes in smooth before hitting your taste buds. Then all sorts of hop bitterness come through. As mentioned in the smell, the hops are all piney/ dank with no noted citrus properties in my opinion.

M- Medium to heavy bodied, medium carbonation, bitter and dry. No balance to it, just a big hop bomb, but I can't say I expected any balance with a TIPA. The 12% ABV is noted and I get some warming in each sip from the alcohol.

A nice beer that I'm glad I got to give a try. It is a nice hop bomb and a must try for hop heads.

3.25/5  rDev -17.3%