Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) | Founders Brewing Company

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
4.61/5
World-Class
Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Founders Brewing Company

2.5/5  rDev -45.8%

4.25/5  rDev -7.8%

3.75/5  rDev -18.7%

4.5/5  rDev -2.4%

Walked into my local liquor store for an IPA run, and on my way to check out I saw a lonesome, dusty 4-pack of KBS sitting there on the shelf. I NEVER thought I'd get a chance to try this beer. So after I made a mess in my pants I finally had the chance to give the almighty KBS a shot.

This is a beer that definitely lives up to the hype. Bell's Expedition Stout was the king in my books, but it's been dethroned. KBS is easily one of the most well balanced and delicious beers I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. HUGE bourbon, coffee, chocolate, cognac, and vanilla flavors that blend so well together it almost makes me angry.

As far as stouts go, this is one of the smoothest, most easy drinking stouts I've got my hands on. And this beer's 11.2% ABV. Dangerously drinkable, dangerously delicious, and just plain flat-out incredible. My only complaint is the mouthfeel wasn't as creamy as I expected it to be, and that's really all I can complain about. This is an absolutely must have beer.

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) from Founders Brewing Company