Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) | Founders Brewing Company

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Availability: Spring

Now labeled as "KBS."

ABV varies by batch.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-13-2004

Ratings: 12,647 |  Reviews: 3,233

I have this bottle at home - but I haven't tried it yet. Not sure why not. But I had this at my local watering hole on tap.

It blew my mind - quite possibly one of the best beers I've ever had. My friend and I both had KBS. We ordered a second round, but unfortunately the keg kicked. There was only 1 full pour out of the tap. In fact the 2nd glass was nearly full and the bartender didn't serve it. He put the glass somewhere else which makes me believe he saved it for himself. My kind friend let me have the full glass.

All I can say now is that I need more. In fact I want all that I can find. In NY I only ever saw it once and there was 1 single bottle in the entire store.

I NEED MORE!!

Poured the Kentucky Breakfast Stout into a Belgian Tulip

A - The beautiful imperial stout is black as midnight with no light getting through. Poured aggressively with a half finger of mocha head. Did I say beautiful..?

S - The best smelling beer I've had the pleasure of smelling. Mocha chocolate, coffee, roasted malts, and slight aroma of bourbon. I am also getting vanilla, a little toffee some char as well. First class all the way.

T - Wow, the chocolate bourbon ball explodes on first taste, coffee, roasted nuts, malts. This is unbelievable, just simply the best and smoothest barrel aged beer I've ever had the luxury of tasting. I can on and on about this beer, but you must do yourself a favor if you have not had this beer, seek it out and relax and enjoy a true winner.

M - Quite simply the smoothest, richest beer, heavy mouthfeel with just enough carbonation. Excellent stuff here my friend.

O - The benchmark, by all other beers should be judged. Many have tried, but no one has come close to Founders barrel aged beers. The first and probably only perfect score from me. A true classic. Worth all the hype and then some. Cheers !!!

Poured from a bottle into my sifter....
A: Pours midnight black, a dense chocolate head erupts, and after settling, becomes even darker.
S: Deep, dark chocolate, and rich coffee. I could smell this beer for ages.
T: Huge dark chocolate and coffe up front, subtle vanilla melts over the palate and is complemented by faint sweet bourbon and oak flavors, finishes with more coffee and chocolate.
M: Thick and syrupy, oh so good.
D: I could drink this stuff all night, and thats pretty impressive for a 10% stout. Nothing else even comes close.

This beer absolutely floored me, it lives up to the hype. An outstanding beer with all my favorite flavors. Do not pass up a chance to try this treat.

I'm not a big fan of stouts but this one is really good, awesome, my favorite now. Jim-Beam-beer)

Amazing beer. Great coffee/chocolate and slight oak taste from draft. Alcohol isn't over the top by any means but it hits you.

Very hard to find, even in MI. Goes from $8-15 a bottle from stores. On tap in very select locations. I paid $10 for a 10oz draft.

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) from Founders Brewing Company