Founders Rübæus | Founders Brewing Company

Founders RübæusFounders Rübæus

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

This brew achieves its unique raspberry taste by the addition of only fresh raspberries at five seperate stages in the brewing process.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-08-2005

Ratings: 3,453 |  Reviews: 746

1.55/5  rDev -60.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

"chicks should dig it" But well they won't "drink a lot."

Founders has been on a overly sugary mess role lately. The entire back stage series should read "crap we put to much sugar in it" series. This is staying with that theme. I'm really starting to consider down grading the brewery as they just keep turning out bad beer after bad beer lately.

Pour a fruit juice body with a bit a head.

Sugar, raspberry, alcohol, hint of hops, and sugar. Yes I said sugar twice.

There's some beer here, hints of hops and hints of wheat but all of it over blasted by sugary rasberry. It hints at tart but isn't tart. It brings out flavors I like in sours but it isn't sour. This is a huge step back from their Ceries which at last has some sour elements even if it's mostly a sugary cherry mess.

I have no desire for more of this and I can't imagine drinking this outside in the heat. The sugar would just make one sick.

It's not normal I guess so have one? But it's a beer I'll never have again. Not good. If this is a style stop making it. Founders look guys, you're better than this!

1.7/5  rDev -56.3%

Too cidery

1.8/5  rDev -53.7%

Just too much Fruit and not enough beer qualities. Its kinda gross really. I have no idea who this beer is targeted towards. Its a lousy beer and a lousy wine cooler. If you enjoy drinking dish detergent, then this may be the beer for you. Otherwise, move on. Worst Founder's beer I've ever had. Probably in the top 5 worst beers I have ever had.

1.82/5  rDev -53.2%

1.93/5  rDev -50.4%

I usually really enjoy drinking Founder's brews. This is the first exception. I have seen this in 4-packs all over the place, and I have been meaning to pick one up, but this was the first time I have seen it on tap (at the Tally Ho in Bethlehem, PA). So I order one.

Watching the bartender pour I immediately notice this beer has an almost unnatural red tint to it. It holds almost no head, but it still looks a little promising. As he places it down in front of me I am overloaded with raspberry smells. It is nice as an air freshener, but I am now concerned. I take a sip and immediately identify the "fake" taste of sour raspberries. It is missing much of the character that Founder's usually has from its selection of hops and malts. I couldn't finish this, as it reminded me of raspberry pucker. Somewhere someone probably really likes this brew, but it was way too sweet for me.

Sorry Founder's, but this seems like you tried too hard and failed. I will never have this again. I'll still have other Founder's brews because of there fairly good track record with me.

2.01/5  rDev -48.3%

I really wanted to like this one, but I didn't. It was reddish/orange in color. Very sweet, raspberry taste (and I love raspberry anything), but it tasted like vomit to me.

2.03/5  rDev -47.8%

Pours very pink, cloudy, with a thin soapy head.

Smell is Rasberry. No malt or hop detectable.

Taste is artificial sour rasberry flavoring. Once again, there isn't a trace of malt or hop to be found. Hint of alcohol in the finish.

Mouthfeel is very light.

Founders is a great brewery but this isn't even what I would call beer. Your wine cooler drinking girlfriend might like this.

2.05/5  rDev -47.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

This beer is incredibly to sweet. I wasn't even able to finish it. To sweet and sugary for a beer. Stop making this Founders. Thanks

2.06/5  rDev -47%

May be a really good beer but I just don't like fruited beer.Sorry but it's just way to sweet for me.

2.18/5  rDev -44%

Drain pour. Gross cherry Robitussin flavor. Nothing appealing.

2.19/5  rDev -43.7%

While this was a great looking beer, a deep pinkish red, the smell was a bit medicinal and the taste was sickly sweet and tasted artificial. I couldn't take more than two sips of this beer. To each their own but this beer was not for me.

2.2/5  rDev -43.4%

Just not for me. Reminded me of a table wine. Some people might love this but it's just too sweet for me.

2.25/5  rDev -42.2%

2.25/5  rDev -42.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Founders Rübæus from Founders Brewing Company