Founders Double Trouble | Founders Brewing Company

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

3.5/5  rDev -16.5%

4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

4.79/5  rDev +14.3%

Founders makes amazing beers. Everyone of them is spot on! I am a big fan of their Cerise, but it has been discontinued. I am looking forward to their raspberry.

Double IPAs are my favorite style of beer, when done right. Many have a distracting malt presence that I am not fond of.

DT has a nice malt support system for the wonderful hop wham.

Appearance - looks like beer.

smell - citrusy tropical splendor.

Taste - great mouth feel, Great balance. Big body. NICE bitterness, full body. And, whoa - 9%.

4.51/5  rDev +7.6%

Appearance-
Burnt copper, with a thin head.

Smell-
Oh my goodness, like a good IPA should. The Imperial part stands out at the edge of the smell, a slight buttery vanilla note.

Taste-
These does exactly what a good double/Imperial IPA should. I has the sweet thick flavor, but does not miss out on the hop bitterness, especially the end. The end is a non-lasting bitter that cleans the palate, and does not linger.

Mouthfeel-
I was expecting the thickness, but the carbonation seems really demure.

Overall-
Some brewing companies are just known for doing a great to superb job on all their beers, and Founders is definitely one of those rare few. This is a deadly Imperial IPA, because it is so smooth and delicious.

4.2/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A: beautiful golden color slightly cloudy with a white head that quickly dissipates leaving light lacing behind.

S: maybe its just me today, but I don't get much out of the smell besides a light herbal / floral aroma

T: The taste is an explosion of spicy hops with bitter herbal finish. In the background you can taste the caramel malt back bone and nice citrus notes.

M: The mouthfeel is much heavier than I expected with a wonderful body that feels good going down.

O: I didn't care for my first bottle of Double Trouble, and I figured the bottles must have been mis-handled or otherwise mistreated. I waited a couple of weeks before trying another, and I'm sure glad I did. It is really nice with an interesting and unique flavor. It is well balanced and enjoyable.

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

3.8/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Raul been seeing it and Raul been wanting it. And guess what? Raul had it!

Malty like your gramama while cooking breakfast and hoppy like, well, nothing. This thang is overly malty like a Prussian wedding. It's cool, and it's got the hype, but not everyone subscribes to US Weekly.

Founders Double Trouble from Founders Brewing Company