Founders Cerise | Founders Brewing Company

Availability: Summer

Added by philbe311 on 04-03-2009

Ratings: 1,504 |  Reviews: 605

4.5/5  rDev +24%

Serving type: On-tap in my home pub (Purchased 15.5 gallons in southern Indiana for $205 + tax) Keg was filled April 2010 and tapped September 2010. Pumping at 14psi, I get a lot of head on every pour....2/3s pint pours.

Appearance: The beer is a beautiful red-amber color with an unusual pink/white head that leaves good lacing. Everyone comments on what a 'pretty' glass of beer this is.

Smell: I can smell sweet cherries several inches from the glass....very inviting aroma.

Taste: This is a sweet cherry beer upfront with a tart cherry finish. Very low hops. It reminds me of a 'watered-down' Kasteel Rouge.

Mouthfeel: Lots of carbonation...the bubbles and cherry flavors combine admirable giving this beer a cider-like quality.

Drink-ability: This is a perfect session beer. Very drinkable. I love the cherry flavor as it fades from sweet to tart. An excellent selection for the home pub.

4.47/5  rDev +23.1%

A: the light pink appearance makes for a watermelon hued brew. very unique. slightly pink ish head only leaves a rim retention.

S: smells like cherry pie. a very aromatic mix between a maltiness that comprises a pastry base and the sweet cherry filling. unlike any fruit beer i have smelled before.

T: the sweetness starts tart and sharp. mmm, moves into a very delicious cherry flavor but still very tart. very much reminds me of the apple pie snacks i used to eat as a kid.

M: medium carbonation on a light/medium body.

D: overall might be the best fruit beer ive had to date. just a delicious play between the fruit and malt. im surprised more people dont find this as enjoyable as i do.

4.45/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

My first beer review! I have wanted to do this for a while and I wanted to review one of my favorites for my first review. My wife found a Founder's Cerise deep in the refrigerator that I didn't realize I had. As most of you already know, Founder's did not brew Cerise as a seasonal in 2013 due to the poor Michigan cherry crop in 2012. I hope they bring it back next year.

Appearance - cloudy ruby red. Very little head was produced from the pour and it slowly faded away in about 3 to 5 minutes. Man, I want to drink this beer on appearance alone!

Smell - what else? Nothing but cherries. I barely pick up some bread notes but only because I desperately try to detect anything but the cherries.

Taste - cherry dominates as is expected. I get all sweet cherry on the entry with only minimal sour cherry aftertaste. I couldn't taste that bread note that I smelled.

Mouthfeel - very light and smooth drinker. The sour cherry aftertaste left a tart dryness in my mouth. The dryness make me want that next drink even more.

Very very easy to drink. I could knock down several Founder's Cerise and not think twice about it. It is one of my most refreshing beers to drink during the summer. I can't wait for Founder's to make Cerise once again.

Founders Cerise from Founders Brewing Company