Founders Centennial IPA | Founders Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by beernut7 on 08-13-2002

Ratings: 8,334 |  Reviews: 1,989

4.55/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A - a hazy amber color with nice carbonation. Looks great!

S - wow, a nice smell that is not too hoppy.

T - excellent blend of hops and malt. Very nice.

M - an excellent IPA

O- One of my favorites that I needed to post a review for. Nothing too exterme but a classic IPA in my book. Cheers!

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

4.34/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.06/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Just started getting this in my area. The Centennial IPA is a great hop heavy IPA with a balanced malty back bone. From pour to drinking you will smell hops, but you will not feel that the beer is all hops thanks to the malt. The hop character is not super piney, so you can really get into the complexity of the beer. I am glad to see it in our area.

4.01/5  rDev -2.4%

A: a perfectly clear amber color with a amazingly long lasting fluffy head. Ill be honest, this beer pretty much looks perfect . 5\5

S: pine and citrus hops, with a bit of fruit loops and a decent malty aroma. Very well balanced and pleasant. very nice, but is not perfect 4\5

T: Pine, neutral hop bitterness, and a grainy malty backbone. very well balanced and easy to drink, at least from my perspective. I like it! 4\5

M: It feels very syrupy and heavy to me, but that works quite well with the hops. 3.5\5

O: This beer is one that I feel fits the "go-too" beer category, much like my current one x2IPA. It is easy to drink ,of decent ABV, very drinkable, and sweet yet quite hoppy. A well deserved 4\5

3.97/5  rDev -3.4%

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

4.8/5  rDev +16.8%

For me, one of the best beers available. More floral than bitter and has a "wall of flavor". For the aroma. to the first taste and mouth feel the beer has great flavor. The bitterness and sweetness are a perfect compliment. Though I tend to overlook to try "new" beers, when I do go back I'm always amazing about how great it is.

4.75/5  rDev +15.6%