Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Founders All Day IPA Session Ale | Founders Brewing Company

Founders All Day IPA Session AleFounders All Day IPA Session Ale
3.87/5
Very Good
Founders All Day IPA Session AleFounders All Day IPA Session Ale

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Formerly Endurance - All Day IPA.

Added by Avagadro on 06-05-2010

Ratings: 7,240 |  Reviews: 1,011

Fizzy. A bit stringent. Does taste like an IPA. Hate to be harsh, but a really boring beer. Bought a case (in cans) but I cant drink more than one at a time. Def not an all day brew for m.e

2.03/5  rDev -47.5%

Orange or dark gold in color. The taste was tangy, almost sour, with a weird after taste to follow.

2.06/5  rDev -46.8%

2.11/5  rDev -45.5%

Not enough hops. Has small notes of honey. The finish does not have a characteristic flavor to overcome the lack of hops. Beer does have a good color and fruity smell.

2.18/5  rDev -43.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

orange in color, bitter with an odd after taste

2.21/5  rDev -42.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

2.21/5  rDev -42.9%

Not great. Too much carbonation for me.

2.21/5  rDev -42.9%

I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to this IPA. I haven't been let down by Founders yet. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. I was expecting a light, refreshing summer beer with Founders All Day IPA. What I got was something that tasted like body odor in a bottle. That's really the best way I can describe it. Is it the type of hops they used? Was it the ditch weed that was mixed in? Did my bottle of beer go bad? I don't know. All I know is that I didn't like the cut of this beer's jib.

I drank it straight from an ice cold bottle, so I can't tell you what it looked like. The smell was hoppy. The taste as soon as it hits the tongue is refreshing at first with a decent amount of carbonation. But as soon as it begins to go down the gullet that bitter aftertaste starts, overwhelming the senses. It's like a skunky beer....not like it went bad but as if skunk was part of the ingredients. The taste lingers erasing any memory of that initial refreshing gulp. That aftetaste ruined this beer for me.

I'm not an expert on IPAs and I'll admit they're not my first choice when drinking, but I can dig a good IPA. All Day IPA did not taste good to me. Mark it up to my bad taste if you must, but I will never buy this beer again. I still love you Founders, just not this beer.

2.22/5  rDev -42.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

i don't even like this beer but i'm a sucker for $2 tall boy. pours clear golden orange nice frothy head. smells piney and grassy with a little malt. tastes bracing bitter and watery very 1 note. prickly mouth. you could drink this all day but why? if you see this in the case next to pinner. get pinner.

Founders All Day IPA Session Ale from Founders Brewing Company