Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Founders All Day IPA Session Ale | Founders Brewing Company

Founders All Day IPA Session AleFounders All Day IPA Session Ale
3.87/5
Very Good
Founders All Day IPA Session AleFounders All Day IPA Session Ale

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Formerly Endurance - All Day IPA.

Added by Avagadro on 06-05-2010

Ratings: 7,249 |  Reviews: 1,013
2.66/5  rDev -31.3%

Mediocre beer. Good in the summer. Like that it comes in cans. Eh

2.7/5  rDev -30.2%

A very good IPA. Probably the best I've had, but I'm just not an IPA guy. But if there were an IPA I could drink all day, this would be it.

2.7/5  rDev -30.2%

2.72/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I really wanted to like this beer. When I first tried it, I thought "Oh, a nice clone of New Glarus Moon Man." But that's where the similarities stopped. It's like a beer spritzer. Weak, yet hoppy, and I felt myself not really wanting to drink it. It quickly went flat, and I'm only drinking more to try and catch a buzz. I wouldn't buy it again, and I'm wondering now if Founders has gotten too big for their britches. I think their quality is slipping, and a brewery I once thought could do no wrong, is proving me wrong. Don't bother.

2.74/5  rDev -29.2%

Let me start off by saying that this whole "session (insert beer here) drives me crazy. A session IPA is a pale ale. A session imperial stout is a stout. A session doppelbock is a bock. This is not an IPA, no matter what you call it. My review reflects rating this as an IPA, of which classification it officially belongs.

Pours a wonderful golden amber color with a small and slightly wispy white head. There is some sporadic lacing, but nothing like most IPAs I see.

The aroma is wonderful. Full of fresh hoppiness. Citrus and piney. Grapefruit, lemon zest, caramel malts to a lesser extent.

The flavor is awesome for a pale ale. Plenty of hop flavor, some fresh baked bread, a bit of grainy malt which I love, light malts, dry as a bone.

The mouthfeel is nowhere close for the style. Very watery and thin, super dry, high carbonation, but a solid bit of bitterness. Think IPA plus tap water.

I enjoy the aromas and flavor but the mouthfeel and alcohol are completely non existent, which is a big part of an IPA.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75