Founders All Day IPA | Founders Brewing Company

Founders All Day IPAFounders All Day IPA

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Formerly Endurance - All Day IPA.

Added by Avagadro on 06-05-2010

Ratings: 7,049 |  Reviews: 965
3.32/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.82/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.13/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.12/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.03/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.82/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.6/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Light gold color with small white cap.

Aroma of citrus and pine with just a bit of malt in the background.

Hop flavor, citrus and pine, dominate from start to finish and linger in the aftertaste. Malt presence is noted but it really doesn't have springs heavy duty enough to carry the hop load.

Texture is lignt medium balanced with carbonation.

Overall it's a decent example of the new session IPAs, fairly lightweight brew with an overabundant hop load.

4.33/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.25

I picked this up by accident. Thought I was getting Sierra Nevada but didn't realize it was actually Founder's until I got back to my car. It was a 15 pack of cans, which pleasantly surprised me. I like to try new beers on a regular basis, so this was a happy accident.

12 oz can poured into a tulip glass.

L: A rich golden color that reminds me of raw honey. Very little head, but I typically pour with a lighter hand. Very hazy, too.

S: Smells really great. Like fresh grapefruit. There is a good amount of pine, too. Nothing too strong though.

T: Tastes like you took a bite out of a grapefruit. Not a big citrus rind explosion you get from something like Stone or Ballast Point, but actual fruit. Pine notes in the background, more citrus fruit based. A lot lighter than most IPA's I have tried, but not in a bad way. This beer has a lot of good flavors, it is just different from what most IPA's are going for these days.

F: Really light carbonation. I tend to like my beers to have a little more body to it. This is the only problem with this beer. Some may like this, but not me.

Overall, this a solid beer. Glad I got to try it, even if it was by mistake. I would drink it again, but it might be a while before circle around to it again. This might just be something with me, though. I like to try everything I see. This beer is light, crisp and refreshing. Has great notes of actual grapefruit fruit, which is different from other IPA's I have tried recently. I would be happy to drink this again.

4.4/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I really like the hoppy taste in it, it is bitter but its acceptable. Golden yellow color, sweet after taste

3.5/5  rDev -9.8%

4.88/5  rDev +25.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

One of my go to favorites.
Look: pale golden color. clear.
Smell: Hoppy and somewhat grape fruity.
Taste: Clean and hoppy. Not extremely bitter but I would not call it sessionable.

4.25/5  rDev +9.5%

4.22/5  rDev +8.8%

I loved All Day IPA. It has extreme amounts of hops, paired with citrus notes. It is very enjoyable on draft. I would recommend pouring it into a glass if you get in bottles.

3.94/5  rDev +1.5%

3.34/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

What a classic IPA. Personally, I am not usually a fan of IPAs but this one blew me away. I will say, I drank it on draft and it was ice cold, which could have played a role in my enjoyment.

If you are someone who loves hops or just wants to try something new, this is definitely the beer to buy.

3.74/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.35/5  rDev +12.1%

I like it because it wont knock you over after 1 beer. Plus its a great tasting beer, not too bitter, easy style, she made me feel 19 for awhile.

3.66/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.55/5  rDev +17.3%

I am a very big IPA fan and I judge them on a hard rating. My first smell of All Day IPA was a strong hoppy flavor with citrus and pine. Good start for an IPA. The taste was strong and joyful. great hop and a great sense of malt in it with a good body. Aftertaste was a smooth hop flavor that made me want to crave more. Founders did a great job with this one.

Dark golden color with a small, diminishing off-white head. Sharp citric hops aromas with hints of grass and grains. Thinner feel, but by no means watery. Pine and light pepper in the flavors. Finish is mildly bitter, with hints of caramel. A nice easy drinking

3.93/5  rDev +1.3%

4.5/5  rDev +16%

19.2oz can into pint glass.

Look: Dark gold with impressive head retention.

Smell: Citrus, pine, and resin dominate. There's pale malt in there too, but it mostly shows up as a faintly toasted undertone.

Taste: Very balanced. Nice malt character with citrus hop notes in the front. Finishes with a clean, slightly piney bitterness. Doesn't wallop you with hops in the taste.

Feel: Light bodied and easy to drink.

Overall: Great session beer with all the things I like about more aggressive IPAs.

3.5/5  rDev -9.8%