Founders Mister E Froot | Founders Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by jale on 08-10-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.03/5  rDev +1%

Top pick for should I try this award.

Dissatisfied with most fruit beers, this exotic oddity was surprisingly good.

Creamy foam, red- brown color.
Fruit oxidized, not a bigdeal. But nitro?
This seemed too artisinal, and wish I had a cask carbonated option.

Smelled faintly of berries.

Sweet local berry flavor. Intense fruit, vanilla. Burnt bourbon warmth. Bitter hump.

Heavy body. Lambic inspired?

4.45/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I'm not a fan of overly sweet anything but this beer is outstanding.

A: Pours a pinkish-orangey color. Thick, creamy, light-pink head from the nitro.

S: Smells sweet and fruity, but not sickeningly so.

M: Creamy mouthfeel.

T: Amazing. Fruity, but not too sweet. The two years spent aging in bourbon barrels give it a nice smooth, delicate flavor.

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

A- pours a very hazy, rich amber with thick off white head that is retained and leaves heavy lacing

S- sweet fruity aroma followed my an awesome malty butterscotch

T- initial flavor of sweet strawberry/cherry, flavors of bourbon and oak take over, buttery malt, then the beer finishes with a tart strawberry character

M- medium to heavy mouthfeel, is silky, with minimal carbination

Founder's nails this fruit beer! It seems to me that too many fruit beers are just that, only fruit. The rich and distinct flavors don't overpower the beer at the heart of it all. I wish I could take it home with me!

4.89/5  rDev +22.6%

I sampled Mister E Froot on a visit to Founders on 08/12/2011. I found myself wishing I could buy several bottles are take it home. Among fruit beers, this one has exceptional qualities. However, our friends at Founders are not talking about what those qualities are. The ingredients are a mystery as of right now.

The initial aroma was a powerful berry fruitiness. I would speculate that raspberry and blackberry are among the flavor in the aroma. However, the aroma is also balanced by a woodiness that hints of barrel aging. In the taste, the fruit flavors are balanced by woodiness. Why many fruit beers pound the tongue with just fruit flavors, this is a nice balance. The mouthfeel reminds drinkers that a lot went into this beer. It goes down smooth despite a thicker texture. The aftertaste leaves hints of vanilla which finish the experience nicely. In the overall scope, there are a lot of well balanced flavors to experience in this beer.

2.9/5  rDev -27.3%

Had on tap at the brewery.

A: Pours a cloudy amber with orange hues and a huge head(It's a nitro tap).

S: Hints of cocoa, citrus and roasted malt.

T: Chocolate upfront followed by nuts and orange fruitiness. Small amounts of tobacco. Taste is very liqueur-like. Very sweet with just a hint of malt and hops at the finish. A little boozy.

M: Medium body with good carbonation.

O: Way to sweet for me and the flavors do not mesh well together. More contrast of flavors than I like.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last