Founders Dirty Bastard | Founders Brewing Company

Founders Dirty BastardFounders Dirty Bastard

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

Brewed with 7 varieties of malt (varies over the years).

Added by Mitchster on 01-03-2003

Ratings: 7,612 |  Reviews: 1,944

4.13/5  rDev +2%

This ones been on my mind for a while. Poured into a pint.

A: Pours a dark brownish amber color, barely any head that dissipated fast, and not much lacing to speak about.

S: Can smell burnt sugars, can pick up on the bourbon/scotch, malts

T: Can really pick up on the scotch, very prevalent in the after taste, pretty boozey as well, to be consumed slowly.

M: Very rich and thick, medium body carbonation, strong after taste from the booze and bourbon flavor.

O: It's different, unique, its strong, so drink it slow, the hard bourbon after taste is interesting, Put it on your list.

3.25/5  rDev -19.8%

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

Wow, this turned out to be a beer that I liked much more than I expected. Great golden, brown color. Nose with lots of grape, fig flavors. an extremely smooth and malty taste, with alcohol nicely in a supporting role. A superb creamy mouth. I just hope I don't like it less the next time. Even though I like Founders a lot, this was a nice pleasant surprise.

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

4.75/5  rDev +17.3%

3.53/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Staying on a Founder's kick of late. More and more of their brews becoming available here in Northern Connecticut. Great!

This one pours a dark copper into my Chimay chalice. Light cream head that quickly fades, leaving beautiful lacing. Smell is faint bourbon.

Tastes are also mild. A little sweet raisin...somewhat metallic with some nice bitterness at the end. Warmth lingers for a while at 8.5%. Seems like its's seen the inside of a bourbon-barrel, even though I know it hasn't. Not sure if it's my taste-buds playing tricks on me due to the Backwoods Bastard I had the other night (also by Founders). That was one heckuva beer that I don't think I've recovered from yet. Will revisit that one soon with a review...anywho....

Light carbonation to this and overall a fine example of the style. Glad I bought six...will enjoy on several fall evenings.

Still thinking about that Backwoods though...

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%