Founders Mango Magnifico | Founders Brewing Company

good
good
Read the review
Founders Mango MagnificoFounders Mango Magnifico

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Jason on 07-19-2013

Ratings: 1,537 |  Reviews: 290

1.75/5  rDev -51.8%

3.41/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Thanks to Steve for the extra!

I saw this floating around my area when it was released, but I never really was interested enough to actually seek it out. And then it was gone. So now, it was probably past it's prime (if it had one), but I'm thankful to try it anyway.

Poured into a Founders bell tulip, an orange-tinted copper color, hazy, with a small white head; moderate retention and lacing. Aroma was on the thin side, some pale malt sweetness, with some herbal hops and a slight vegetal presence. Well usually in pepper beers, I get the heat in the finish, but I was getting it right up front in this one. Pale malt sweetness with a good, lasting pepper burn; there was some light candied fruitiness, but I'm afraid the majority of the mango had faded at this point, because I barely picked up any. Medium body, prickly mouthfeel, both from the pepper heat and the decent carbonation. I think a small bottle format would've been a lot nicer for this one, but I still managed to polish off a half bottle (with the wife not too enthusiastic about her pour). I guess I would've liked to try it fresh, but oh well.

Founders Mango Magnifico from Founders Brewing Company