Uosto Pale | Rinkuškiai

rinkuskiai.lt

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by PBRstreetgang on 05-04-2006

1.6/5  rDev -39.8%

It caught my eye in the shop from a shelf tag that emplored people to buy. I need to expand my range and I did know an exchange student from this country in highschool.

Clear yellow hay color. Very light on the foam. Looks light and easy. Has a faint syrupy smell and maybe some hops. Saaz I think.

Really watery. Light, hardly there. Thin malt liquor like qualities, but musky. Not really sure where this was ment to go. Maybe it's not hot enough out yet for this one. I suppose if I was in the fields toiling it would be quite refreshing. Quite malty.

Could be anoter ancient bottle, how fast does comerce travel from there?

If you missed it, get some. I'm glad I tried it but wish it was in a tasting not as a purchase.
There's better options.

1.75/5  rDev -34.2%

Pours a clear, pale golden color. 1/3 inch head of a white color. Decent retention and poor lacing. Smells of yeast, pale malt, and slight grain. Fits the style of an Euro Pale Lager. Mouth feel is smooth and crisp with an average carbonation level. Tastes of pale malt, yeast, hint of roasted malt, and some grain. Overall, an average euro lager at best.

3.45/5  rDev +29.7%

Pours a clear straw, with a fizzy white head showing decent retention. Little to no lacing. Flaked wheat and pilsener nose; weak but nothing foul. Wheat and grainy pilsener malt apparent upfront, again somewhat bland - but not offensive. Dry and spicy saaz hops in the aftertaste, uncommonly well-balanced for the style with no detectable skunked flavor. Medium carbonation and light bodied for a smooth mouthfeel with a pleasent euro hop bit and pilsener crispness. A pinch of acidity in the finish but this seems appropriate. Very quaffable, but its also very average.

3.5/5  rDev +31.6%

Pours two degrees SRM living well up to the "Pale" at 5% abv wondering if it is just a watered down version of the 8% Uosto. Seems unlikely from other reviews.

It has an aroma element that may be from Saaz and pale pilsen that kept me thinking I was smelling Pizza. Bread (yeast) Pepperoni (hops?) and even tomato sauce ( ???) it was so persistant to my nose that I had to mention it.

No skunk - best by date unpunched along the side of the back label of the that mentions the brewery was established in 1991. It seems well made with an above average mouthfeel and a well balanced hop to malt. Little bits of lace persist on the sides of the 0.5 L SOHM Erdinger glass. With warming the malt takes over the aroma and hops dry an almost sweet malt flavor.

enjoy one.