Lobster Lovers Beer | Rinkuškiai

1.75/5  rDev -39.7%

3.25/5  rDev +12.1%

2.5/5  rDev -13.8%

1.46/5  rDev -49.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

After slamming down two Nugget Nectars I reached for the Lobster Lovers brew to continue the brew fest. Simply put I took one sip and drain poured this poison of a beer. It's as if the creators of this beer took all the lesser parts of S*%T beers to create the ultimate S*%T beer. I would have been better off drinking from the toilet then defiling my taste buds with this stagnant pool water!

Bottom Line: My drain is even complaining about the sewage that it was forced to endure!

3.7/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured from its 16.9 FL oz bottle with a nice and catchy wrapper into Weihenstephan Hefe glass. One more Lithuanian beer that deserted me just because i went for some exotic brew.

Pure golden color that is very clear. About one finger thick white colored head that fades very quickly to a thin layer. Decent lacing. Huge sized bubbles that are vigorously rising up.

I have little cold. Nose is less grain like and more malty. A lot of sweetness due to heavy malt effect. Apparent alcohol as well. Some booze that does come through. A very poor smell overall.

Taste has a lot more booze in it that is not welcome. Some malt sweetness as suggested by nose. May be some noble hop usage. A strong punching beer. Want to get drunk. Try this and drink it with your nose closed. Some minute grains are subdued by malt. Finish is slightly sweet to semi dry.

Light to slightly medium bodied. Moderate to slightly high carbonation. A little bit of astringency due to alcohol.

Style Rate: 4
Personal Rate: 3

1.87/5  rDev -35.5%

A: poured from a 500 ml bottle into a pint glass, pours a yellow straw color with a short loose white head that vanishes quickly leaving little lacing, clear

S: Pilsner like smells of grain and light hops, slight salty smell

T: absolutely awful train wreck of sticky sweet malt liquor, I'm going to have to chug to avoid the pain, has a terrible sweet cream corn flavor combined with a taste that reminds me of the way kerosene smells, this is a travesty of filthy flavor, hint of lobster head goo

M: Christ this is so bad, sticky sweet, way too much alcohol, no carbonation

O: I truly hope no one else has to experience how bad this beer tastes, looks and smells fooled me, if you find yourself in Lithuania needing a drink buy some vodka instead

1.54/5  rDev -46.9%

A - This odd artwork on the bottle caught my eye. A lobster on a girl's back? Girl with the lobster tattoo? Pours clear and dark yellow with a small white head and virtually no lace.

S - Pungent turpentine and isopropenol (the stuff your doc used to swab your arm before a shot) over a sickly sweet malt base.

T - I don't know what they are going for here with the lobster thing, but all I taste is potent malt liquor-esque brew. There is a salty sweetness that could sort of be a lobster flavor.... I've probably only had lobster twice in my life.

M - Sugary and dense in a dextriny way, but not really full bodied. Finishes chemically and boozy.

Pass.

2.3/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Served from bottle into a Hair of the Dog tulip. Poured a golden yellow with a minimal white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, corn, floral, grain, and fruit. The flavor was of sweet malt, corn, fruit, alcohol, grain, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty below average brew. I bought this to amuse beeruser and funkydelic at GBX as they laughed when they suggest that I tick it. Phew! I now know why... The manager at Trappe Door described it as 'hot trash'. Not only does this thing not appeal to the palate, it does not do so for the eye either. I didn't know what to expect going into this one and there was honestly no way I could have prepared myself short of pounding a few 40's prior to this one. Just so harsh in flavors like nails on the chalkboard. Yeah guys, you got me good. Based on this one Lithuania should stick to whatever they are good at and leave beer alone in my opinion...

Lobster Lovers Beer from Rinkuškiai