Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb | Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG

Also known as Hefe-Weizen Altbayerische Brauart

Added by SixpointJMH on 08-17-2001

Ratings: 3,413 |  Reviews: 1,378
4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

what can you say about a beer that is about near perfect. It has a great sweet citrus start with just a hint of hops.

It finsihes light and refreshing. This may be a perfect beer. Definitely a top 5 beer for me.

Probably unfair for me to review I love this beer way too much. I even know when my local store gets their deliveries so I can insure I pick it up fresh.

3.25/5  rDev -19.8%

4.13/5  rDev +2%

Poured from a 11.2 oz bottle best before 03/13(so I assume its 4 months old) into a weizen(of course) glass.

This beer has the look down to a t. I think the head dissiaptes a little quickly, but retains great overall. The body is a cloudy golden color with a big ol' fluffy white head that laces the glass all the way down.

A well rounded smell of banana, lemon, spice and yeasty qualities.

Man, this hits the spot when it's over 100. It is reminiscent of the nose in regards to the taste. Nothing sticks out too terribly much. You get just a well rounded profile of banana, spice and lemon. There is a great bready/wheaty and sweet character going on.

Medium bodied with a med-high level of carbonation that does settle quickly.

The drinkability on this is out of the park. I had three of a six pack and could had the other three, but unfortunately I'm too nice and shared those.

3.25/5  rDev -19.8%

4.75/5  rDev +17.3%

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%

I think this may be my new summer brew of choice... It's a good looking, good smelling beer with good light flavors that keep you coming back for more. It has a slightly fruity flavor up front, but you can definitely taste the wheat. A crisp,refreshing beer for sittin by the pool.

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb from Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG