Bière à Frometon | Brasserie Artisanale Christophe Noyon

Style: Witbier

Added by Goldorak on 10-24-2005

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
4.22/5  rDev n/a

I doubt this beer is already retired (although it could be), it was purchased a week ago and I have tried it a couple times more (courtesy of my gradnmother). Had it with an assortment of Spanish, Belgian and Dutch cheeses.

750 ml 'old style' bottle. A nice but not uniform appearance, at first it poured quite transparent but the second pour got me all this typical witbier thick orange, with a nice head that sticked around.
Quite a fruity smell (on the second pour) and characteristic yeast, on the first pour it reminded me of Duvel, somehow grassy in a good way.
A great taste, pairs perfectly with any cheese and that fruitiness is there and quite bitter for a witbier, also a very nice mouthfeel, very carbonated which is something I expect from white beers.
Overall a perfect companion to any cheese. A nice surprise which I would like to stumble upon again.

3.51/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Interesting concept I found in a cheeze shop in Clermont-Ferrand, France. A Beer specifically crafted to pair off with cheese. Why not?

Appearance: Golden Orange, with a pearly white head with gorgeous honey-comb bubbles that were perfectly aligned one next to the other. I like that I lot, it taps into my cathesian side...

Smell: Loaves of bread and orange juice, with just a hint of holiday spices.

Taste: Wheaty and fruity, the citrus aftertaste reminded me of mandarin oranges in light syrup. Quite a refreshing wit and well done from yet another French brewer I've never heard of before.

Bière à Frometon from Brasserie Artisanale Christophe Noyon
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.