Quilmes | Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes / Grupo Bemberg

Argentina
quilmes.com.ar

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by kbub6f on 08-11-2002

Light beers are not my bag but this beer is awesome. Smooth, flavorful and full bodied.
VIVA Argentina.

4.74/5  rDev +79.5%

Lagers are my thing, so this obviously was up my alley.

4.5/5  rDev +70.5%

When I taste this beer it takes me back to my culture and heritage.

4.5/5  rDev +70.5%

4.42/5  rDev +67.4%

Quilmes is great! It is very drinkable but is like a quality friend who doesn't stand out. You can hang out with him forever, and he's a bit nicer than the average guy, but he's a bit plain.
I've yet to try the other varieties, but I'd like to try a pumpkin one if they made it.

4.35/5  rDev +64.8%

4.05/5  rDev +53.4%

Quilmes has a thick, white head, and a clear, bubbly, yellow-golden appearance, with thick lacing left behind on the glass. The aroma is of pungent, semi-sweet barley malt, and the flavor is of sweet, sugary, bready malts and the slightest touch of hop bitterness at the end. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Quilmes finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and wonderful. Bravo!

RJT

4.04/5  rDev +53%

I cannot believe this beer has a C-. This is a great beer. Quilmes is a Macro beer from Argentina, but none the less, it has a craft beer taste to it. This is hands down one of the best beers I have ever had. Not the best, but one of the best lol. Anyways, I bought my ex brother in law a 12 pack of 'Beers around the World' from Giant Eagle (grocery store that has a lot of micro brews, which is nice) Most of these beers were from macro breweries from, well, around the world. So, me and him decided to share the beers on Christmas Eve a few years back, and I was pretty surprised with Quilmes. It was so refreshing, but it was pretty complex IMO. I just want to give some props to this beer.

Poured a 12oz bottle, with a cool shape to it, into a big fat beer mug.

A- Very light, almost white, very little to no head, and a very minuscule amount of lacing.

S- Not much going on, but it didn't ruin the beer. Sort of a light lemony smell, with a smell that reminded me of Original Coors, gross :)

T- Very crisp and refreshing. Not too hoppy, sort of buttery, with some complex taste I couldn't quite put my finger on. Taste great though

M- Very light on the palate, no metallic taste going on here. Almost like a mix of Sam Adam's White Ale and Coors Light, weird combo but tasty

D- Super Drinkable, a great session beer. You could probably pound a whole 12 pack of this without a hangover due to its light body and flavor.

I tried it a few more times and I still loved it. I know there isn't much going on with this beer, but this is my opinion and I think it is an excellent macro beer. I would drink this over Sam Adams Light any day (it kind of reminds me of that). Give this beer a second try if you get the chance and really examine it this time.

4.04/5  rDev +53%

Well, another good lager beer for hot days. IT is not that great, but is good for refreshing. Very crystal and light Yellow. Although I got i a little frozen. IS the most comercial beer in Argentina, and there is even a Football team with that name, and a lot fo teams has the QUILMES name in the T-Shirts.

Poured into a small pilsner glass. Pours pale golden with a white head that dissipates a little slower than the typical adjunct lager. Some lacing is left on the side of the glass. There is a lot of carbonation present in this beer as made evident by abundant streaming bubbles rising in this beer. The aroma is of bready malts with a little bit of sweetness. There's a touch of grassiness from the hops. The flavor is grainy and bready with some sweetness. The hops do provide some mild flavor that's a little grassy. There's not much back end hop bitterness. The body is light with strong carbonation. The beer finishes crisp and clean. This is a highly drinkable beer that is a very good beer overall.

3.97/5  rDev +50.4%

it's light, yet very flavorful

3.87/5  rDev +46.6%

Has a nice straw color, and a decent head.
Smells of a nice floral lager, not like the basic skunk smell.
Tastes refreshing has a bit of a weird aftertaste however.
The taste of this beer is actually a nice one that I could drink repeatedly for an entire 24 hours.

A better beer in my quest for a great lager.

3.86/5  rDev +46.2%

This is a great import beer. Not too heavy of a taste, but the elements that are there are tied together nicely and make a delicious beer. It is extremely easy drinking and would go down smooth and refreshing on a summer day. From the moment I cracked this bottle I was in love. What a good buy.

3.8/5  rDev +43.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

3.8/5  rDev +43.9%

While Quilmes doesn't have the best appearance or smell, it does the job on taste and on my buzz. I usually have these at the local Argentinian restaurant here in Miami. This goes great with the churrasco steak and the other dishes they serve. I have found it best to be enjoyed when the bottle is nice and cold. I usually take a sip from the bottle before pouring it into a chilled glass.

The appearance isn't anything out of this world, neither is the smell, but the taste is amazing. Very smooth and no nasty after taste. Great for on the beach or at home, give it a shot.

3.75/5  rDev +42%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +42%

esay and light drink, good for summer time

Quilmes from Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes / Grupo Bemberg