Runemeister | The Livery

4.25/5  rDev -5.3%

3.75/5  rDev -16.5%

3.25/5  rDev -27.6%

4.63/5  rDev +3.1%

Looks are deceiving sometimes, but brewers know when they have something special. True in the case of Runemeister, labeled as an Imperial Honey Pilsner. Using real Michigan honey and with a high alcohol content I was very impressed with its balance and subtlety of flavors.
With a light orange head, this reddish brown brew sat thickly in a tulip glass and gave off a strong aroma of honey, oats, and yeast.
Tastes were bold, sweet, malty and very slightly bitter, but in a combination I have never experienced before.
The high alcohol content was very noticeable too.
I would gladly return for this brew, and I am glad I was invited up to try it.
I thank Bingo, whose ability to find the right brewer has always been right on, especially in the Midwest.

4.5/5  rDev +0.2%