Ale Diablo Pepper Beer | Front Street Ale House / San Juan Brewing

4.2

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.2/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at the Front Street Ale House, San Juan Islands, WA.

Although I only had time to try a 4 oz. sample of this beer, it stuck with me as one of the more interesting ale's that I tried on my Pacific Northwest vacation. Body was a light golden hue, clear, with a fair amount of carbonation fueling an eggshell-white head. The aroma was an interesting blend of cracked pepper, wheat, pale crystal malts, and a kiss of jalapeno.

I don't know how this small, island brewpup managed it, but they infused the pepper into this beer with both filth and fury! It was as if someone had squeezed a fresh, green Bell Pepper into my beer, along with cilantro and some yeastiness. Mouthfeel was crisp and bubbly, with a light consistency. Easy drinking; definately an experiment gone right, illustrating what craft beer is all about. It's a shame San Juan Brewing Co. didn't bottle this beer, or else I would have picked up a few bombers at the brewpub.

Ale Diablo Pepper Beer from Front Street Ale House / San Juan Brewing