Bacon Beer | Front Street Ale House / San Juan Brewing

1 Rating

Front Street Ale House / San Juan Brewing
Washington, United States
sanjuanbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by wagenvolks on 07-22-2008

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.84/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Blurb from the Front Street Ale House menu:
"Bacon...great! Beer...great! Now beer really can be for breakfast. Pale ale infused with lean bacon."

Say no more. I was intrigued, and decided to order a pint. Set in front of me was a glass of clear, brownish-golden ale with a decently retained, thin white head. The aroma reminded me of a breakfast at IHOP: maple syrup, smoked Canadian bacon, and some biscuits. *drools*

San Juan definately makes some interesting, experimental brews...see my review of their "Ale Diablo" pepper beer. In a similar vein, the flavor of Bacon Beer actually tasted like bacon (surprise, surprise). Also some saltiness, sweet maple notes, and a kiss of peppery hops. Mouthfeel was a bit thin, but finished crisp and was nicely carbonated. Definitely an interesting try, and one I won't soon forget. San Juan is an underrated brew-pub. Worth the Ferry trip to Friday Harbor.

Bacon Beer from Front Street Ale House / San Juan Brewing