Randy's Panhead Porter | The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
New Jersey, United States
shipinn.com

Style: English Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Kwak on 02-28-2008

Reviews by Kwak:
3.78/5  rDev -12.5%

it pours almost black held up to the light red hues make its color a dark brown. nice tan head
on the smallish side disappear quickly.

nice smell of roasted malt and coffee

its taste was dark bitterness with a almost caramel sweetness.

this is a heavy version of their other porter more flavor and a thick aftertaste

4.5/5  rDev +4.2%

While in NJ, my fiancee and myself made a "road-trip" from Belvidere to Milford, NJ where The Ship Inn is located. We used "River Rd." which follows the Delaware River... quite an adventure. We basically kept the river on our right and followed the current. The "road" did not show up on our map or GPS. Anyway... The Ship Inn is my favorite stop in NJ. The food, excellent, atmosphere inviting and comfortable, service is competent and friendly, the brews, excellent. I managed to get a sample of Randy's Panhead Porter before it was finished, in it's infancy... Killer. I can't imagine how much better it'll be once it's finished-off. All things great about porters are nailed down in spades. I'm a big beer fan (DFH Brewery is just down the street from me) and I'm very impressed with the big beer qualities of this brew, but still retaining the idea of a session beer. And the shirt's way cool. It's very interesting to drink English style ales with an American extreme brewing influence. If you haven't been here (first brew-pub in NJ, I think), shame on you.

Randy's Panhead Porter from The Ship Inn