Lumber Lager Red | Fletcher Street Brewing Company

Added by BeerBeing on 03-04-2007

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by thelagerheads:
4/5  rDev n/a

My first philosophers were poets, my first love was cheese curls and I was a teetoler between the ages of 18 and 27. You can see how this has lead me astray. Luckily, I discovered Kierkegaard, Doritos and benign paroxysmal position vertigo and I have not been the same since (basically I've become the old Monday Night Brewery label (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GO0Q9VKVbM8/Rh6Kgxfp7SI/AAAn4/nHnrBRGEZWw/s1600-h/mondaynight.jpg) but sans the jumping joy). I do, however, still believe in the benefits of couch sleeping and prefer it over a bed. Luckily this isn't biography night at the local speakeasy. You're here for the beer and that wish will be obliged. This two time World Beer Expo Gold Medal Winner has me miffed. It has both lager and red ale qualities in bite and malt-feel but there is also a slight sweetness akin to a weak Belgian and the caramalt gives off an almost light smoke compliment to the nuttiness. I'd appreciate if this brewery would send me a taster 12 pack and let me get a better feel for this one and their other stock seeing as I never would have heard of them if not for the discount rack I found this one on. Well worth double the scant price tag it bore.

-Wörtwurst