BK Lounge: Pilot Batch 19 | Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
New York, United States
captainlawrencebrewing.com

Style: English Dark Mild Ale

Added by Billolick on 12-02-2012

3.55/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Growler from the brewery this afternoon

Pours darker brown, murky, minimal head, minor collar, and film.

Slint hint of spice on the nose.

Feels like a mild brown ale, with a hint of spice. Having a hard time getting a handle on what exactly is going on here... Easy drinking, and pleasant enough stuff. I do know that his is not my favorite of the Pilot Batch brews.

3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

Poured from tap at the tasting room...into a PLASTIC CUP! Absolutely insane...
before I review this beer, id like to say this just pissed me off...I paid $7...yes $7 for a plastic up of this brew AT THE BREWERY!. Its complete BS...I thought it was $4, but I was mistaken. I never would have ordered this had I known the $ prior.

Poured a deepish brown with slight amber hue...no head or aroma concentration (thanks plastic cup). Taste is somewhat roasted caramel malts, a bit nutty and mild. Easy drinker with good flavor. Its a decent beer but my decision has been swayed up front. Never again will I buy this beer.

3.5/5  rDev -0.6%

BK Lounge: Pilot Batch 19 from Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.