Alpha Dog Imperial IPA | Laughing Dog Brewing

Laughing Dog Brewing
Idaho, United States
laughingdogbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A true hop bomb brewed plenty of Columbus and Mt Hood hops for a piney hop character. Premium Pale, Honey and Munich malt make this beer a little less malty but packing plenty of hop punch.

Added by bitterthebetter on 02-14-2009

4.75/5  rDev +25.7%

3.75/5  rDev -0.8%

As I write this let me note that I’m smiling, and have been for the last 10 minutes. Upon opening, i heard a laughter. A laughter so inexplicable that I did a 360 in my Espia nylon office chair to confront the culprit. It was then that I looked down at the golden rivers and smiled. Not only did my balls tingle mid pour into my chalice, but i felt a sudden connection between myself in this captivating presence. I stand here today, a mere mortal, who has witnessed something extraordinary.

I sunk my upper lip into the chalice and gently leaned back just as far enough so that it flushed through my mouth like a tranquil river. The laughter I was hearing began to intensify as I became fully aware of what was happening; magic. Magic to the point where i had no control over my mind, no control over my bowels, and most importantly no control over my soul. I’m writing this not as a recommendation, but as a demand. Drink up, hear the laughter…hear the laughter…

1.5/5  rDev -60.3%

1.5/5  rDev -60.3%

3.67/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bomber poured into a craft pint

A- Orange bronze in color. 1/2" pad of an off white head, which retains really well. Great sticky lacing.

S- Pine and earthy notes, some dry citrus. Malt notes are a bit sweet, and fruity.

T- Strong hop profile of citrus peel, with just a bit of a malt background. The hop character tips the scale on this one.

M- Fairly full in body. Thick and sticky. Long dry finish.

O- There's no denying this is imperial. Bitterness is way up there, with not a lot else to help balance it out.

4.5/5  rDev +19%