Cold Hop British-Style Ale | Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub

Cold Hop British-Style AleCold Hop British-Style Ale

Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub
Colorado, United States
boulderbeer.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Added by Todd on 04-22-2007

3.76/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

08/07/2014 Nitro tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC. This really has me wondering why I slammed this the first time through. It is, in fact, a very nice ale. The Nitro lends a creaminess that sets it a notch above other iterations.

03/04/14 On tap. Very nice stuff. This shows how a well behaved member of the hop family of brews can please and I am very pleased. Wonderful balance. Smells hoppier than it tastes. Good cold. Doesn't look like I'll get try it at room temp. At 6.5% this should be monitored carefully as it very deceptive & delicious.

***Note: Not sure why I dis'sed the nitro experience last year (see below). It may be that the nitro addition of more fizz let the temperature raise & open up too much hoppiness. Note the mention of "good cold". I tend to forgive the author as he's usually drinking on the job. Jul'14

08/20/13 On nitro tap. Let me start by saying that I'm not a hops fan, but this is beer reinforce that. This is the first time I've ever truly regret not having had a taste first. I've spent the money & will drink it down, as not to fret the bar, but this should have a warning label. IMO this is way off base & I see the Rate Beer give it an 88 rating? A jaundiced view, no doubt.

3.25/5  rDev -14.2%