Ingver Alus Sarkanais | Bruveris - SIA Alus Tirdzniecibas Grupa

Added by ikats on 03-12-2006

3.75/5  rDev +1.6%

3.75/5  rDev +1.6%

4.18/5  rDev +13.3%

Creamy head. Leaves very nice lacing on the glass. Dark red color which looks excellent. The smell is something between malt, honey and rye(i don't actually know how they smell exactly but it was something like that) Well, the smell was very pleasant. The taste was good but can't remember how it actually tasted like, but as I remember - it was very pleasant taste !

Definitely worth to try this beer again and again!

3.18/5  rDev -13.8%

500 ml bottle, bought in Riga. ABV is 5.4%. Filtered but not pasteurised dunkel with ginger. Copper coloured beer, large off-white head. Malty sweet aroma, notes of brown bread, caramel, molasses and cooked vegetables. Malty and fairly sweet flavour with some roasty and caramel notes, just a hint of ginger. Moderate hops in the finish. Drinkable, but not my favourite Latvian dunkel.

3.6/5  rDev -2.4%

This beer came to me after a long journey from the country of my birth. My friend brought it to Toronto when he visited, and I drove i back to New York. Unfortunately, the second beer he was bringing me did not survive the journey - my friend got too thirsty in one of his stop-over cities. Regardless, big thanks to him for feeding my passion for beer.

The beer came in a 0.5L brown bottle with silkscreen label. Nice looking. Most everything on the bottle is in Latvian with an odd word here and there in Russian, English, German and Spanish. In English it is described as "Ginger Red Beer" (Sarkanais means Red in Latvian). I am not sure if this beer is exported, but I believe the brewery is quite small.

This "alus" (beer in Latvian) is dark amber in color. Minimal carbonation and almost no head. No lacing. Aroma is very low key - sweet malty background with some herbal notes. Taste is similar - malty base with just enough of an herbal bite to notice it. Feels very soft and silky. Because of little carbonation it feels a lot like drinking cask conditioned beer. Very, very drinkable. Light to medium body. Great as session beer (too bad I only have one bottle).

This is a very enjoyable beer. Too bad it is not imported into the US (while something like Aldaris Zelta is).

Ingver Alus Sarkanais from Bruveris - SIA Alus Tirdzniecibas Grupa