Coffee Bender | Surly Brewing Company

Surly Brewing Company
Minnesota, United States
surlybrewing.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Bender steeped cold for 24 hours in coarsely ground coffee beans from the Vinca Vista Hermosa plantation in Guatemala.

Added by feloniousmonk on 05-28-2006

Ratings: 2,658 |  Reviews: 856

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Thanks to my buddy Todd for the hookup on this one!

A: A beautiful brown brown color with very little head. Darker than I was expecting for a brown ale. Thought I was looking at a chocolate stout!

S: Smells like coffee is being brewed in the room. Reminds me of some kind of a cold coffee drink I might get from a coffee shop.

T: I initially taste the coffee infusion but the more I drink it, it hides itself in the dark back seat of the room. Very nice taste!

M: Feels right for a brown ale. Light carbonation makes it easy to throw back a couple of these at one sitting. Fairly dry.

O: This is the first time trying this beer offering from Surly and I would have to say that it did not disappoint. I was expecting the coffee to overpower any brown ale beer taste but it merely enhanced a style that I already really love. I would definitely drink this one again.

Coffee Bender from Surly Brewing Company