Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lemony Cricket | Badger Brewery, Hall and Woodhouse

Availability: Summer

Added by fullsweep on 07-03-2010

4/5  rDev 0%

3.67/5  rDev 0%

Imperial pint (plus a half-pint later) served up on cask at the Fox Inn, a Badger/Hall and Woodhouse tied pub in Bucks Green, Rudgwick, West Sussex.

A: auburn brown with hints of amber; minimal head for this cask ale; great clarity.

S: malty, mild lemon/citrus, and an earthy bitterness in the nose.

T: while it is indeed lemony, it's not overpowering in my opinion (although some of my companions on that summer evening disagreed and opted for other Badger ales for follow-up pints). A nice summery ale. Some mildly bitter hops and typical English maltiness with some earthy bitterness characteristic of English pale ales or English bitter ales.

M: very smooth cask ale.

D: some in my party found it harder to drink, but these men are used to traditional English bitter ales--I think they found the lemon grass tones overpowering. I did not find it hard to drink at all, though successive pints might get a bit much. I normally only drink one at a time anyway, so this was no problem for me.

Lemony Cricket from Badger Brewery, Hall and Woodhouse