Oatmeal Stout | Telegraph Brewing Company

Added by BeerBeing on 07-30-2007

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.06/5  rDev +8.3%

On tap at American Flatbread

Poured a deep. deep brown with lots of carbonation, huge tan head and it looked really good! Nose was oats, cocoa. Taste was pretty thick with oats, coffee and cocoa. I did notice a slight sourness on the end.Mouthfeel was full and good. I could drink a few more.

3.91/5  rDev +4.3%

11-15-08 @brewery

Appearance was great from the beginning, Nice and dark, looks like a rich n hearty beer.

Aroma- was light on Oats, but nice chocolate tones, Blueberry syrup, peanut butter(I dont know y but yes).

Taste- was chocolatey, very little oat(just like the nose) bit of a spice; maybe vanilla or another sweet spice.very pleasant.

Mouthfeel- lush, not velvety, like I would expect a Oatmeal Stout to be; but good tho. medium to thick body, depending on sip(portion of brew). Nice butfilling brew.

3.39/5  rDev -9.6%

Pint from Beachwood BBQ today for seven dollars, glad to see this brewery popping up more and more, also a plus being on handpump of course

A-Very dark brown, thin 1/2 inch bubbly tan head once the beer settled, some retention, nice lacing, was not as creamy as other stouts I have on cask before
S-Cream, whole grains, oatmeal, rich malts, milk chocolate, roastiness, and mild sweetness
T-Oddly the first taste I encountered was coffee and did not see that coming, more on the porter side with the thinness and long roasty finish, had some sweet accents later on with a big sugary flavor, not as grainy as the aroma, also some dry parts especially in the aftertaste where some hops were present, that part was enjoyable, but they needed to make up their mind whether they wanted this to be dry or creamy, should have been creamier in my opinion
M-Creamy, dry, and roasty mouthfeel, body is medium but on the thinner side for its style, could have used a more full texture to add some bite to the overall taste
D-Could drink another pint possibly, but heavy on the stomach, although ABV is low it does not always seem like it, not the smoothest of beers

First oatmeal stout I can remember having on cask and it was just missing something, not near as flavorful as I had hoped for, looked good coming out of the engine though, probably would skip next time, pronbably still worth trying though

3.74/5  rDev -0.3%

On cask at the Beachwood BBQ, it looks like I'm the first to review this one,

A: Pours black with a full cask sparkler off-white head, excellent retention and jubilant lacing.

S: Light roasted malt notes, maltose sugar, coffee.

T: Roast is light but it is there, almost porter like in its profile. The requisite sweetness I look for in an Oatmeal Stout is definitely there, with a bit of an spicy hoppy tinge that I didn't feel was out of place. Clean finish.

M: Carbonation is very light due to cask-conditioning, light acidity, creamy, easy drinking beer, the body was a bit too thin for me in this style though, minour quibble.

D: A nice drinking pint from Telegraph, I wish is was less pricey so I could drink these all day. A treat on cask.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last