Ein Stein Pilsner | Elmar's In The Valley

Style: German Pilsener

Added by vancurly on 11-24-2007

Reviews by madvoice:
2.75/5  rDev +3.8%

A - Poured a mid straw colour with minimal head and a small amount of lacing on the glass.

S - Couldn't detect much other than the malt other than a slightly sweet citrus scent.

T - Slight citrus taste but mostly malty. Had a rather bitter finish.

M - A little too heavy on the carbonation for my taste and slightly watery.

I must admit I was quite disappointed with the pilsner. I expected more from it. More body, less carbonation and greater flavour. It was part of my 'tasting' samples and needless to say, I didn't finish it.

2.93/5  rDev +10.6%

A - Pale clear yellow body, light thin creamy white head with a few strands of lacing.

S - Light typical pilsner malt aroma without any depth really.

T - Grainy, a little grass and lemon, some salty malt.

M - Decent body, moderate carbonation.

O - Not great but not terrible, certainly aimed at the masses but it's a step up from the bland pilsner I had down the road at Ironbark.

2.26/5  rDev -14.7%

This beer pours a pale straw hue with nice carbonation but doesnt look overly impressive for the style and leaves no lacing and the smell doent do much for me either its like weak grains with watery hops quite horrible actually it has a thin mouthfeel and tastes like a watery,grainy pilsner i think this beer is made for people who dont appreciate real beer and is a horrible example of the style.

Ein Stein Pilsner from Elmar's In The Valley