Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Australian Gold | Australian Independent Brewers

Australian Independent Brewers
Australia
a-i-b.com.au

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DogFood11 on 04-08-2007

Reviews by DoubleJ:

2.75/5  rDev -5.8%

Another unique item found at the Beverage Warehouse.

In the glass this is a clear gold colored beer with a small amount of white head.

The smell is sweetish and grassy but there isn't that much of it really. Mostly what I smell here is flowers and a little malt.

The taste begins malty and grassy with a faint flower and herbal after taste. Maltier than I would have expected this is mostly a grassy tasting beer.

The mouthfeel is surprisingly thick.

Not a beer I would buy again, it is OK for what it is.

Over time I've grown fond of these light'ish lagers. This is no exception. Not much info on the bottle. I called the distributor and he assured me that this is brewed by the Australian Independent brewers. There is no ABV on the label but I would guess its 4 to 5% abv. Poured into a tall slender pils glass it forms an easily managed frothy white head. Golden body with massive carbonation. Lace leaves a ring for every pull.

Its hard to put into words the differences between this light lager and most other light lagers. To me, if its clean and refreshing then it has hit its goal. This is clean and its definitely refreshing. So, it hit the marks. The only detractor is that there is a lemony sharpness that developes as it warms. This isn't a style that warrants letting it warm, drink it cold like it should be and you'll have no worries.

Notes: Its a very typical approach to a macro lager and fits my palate just fine.

Australian Gold from Australian Independent Brewers