Coho Harvest | Rogue Ales

Awaiting More Ratings

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by xoqx on 10-30-2005

Reviews by xoqx:
4.08/5  rDev 0%

I liked this beer, but I’m glad I didn’t read the brewer’s description until I had finished it. They speak a lot about the malts saying “the blend of 2-row, munich, vienna, caravienna, aromatic and smoked malts provides a rich, bready, caramel malt character with a hint of smoke.” And furthermore, “Coho Harvest Ale is an oktoberfest style.” Yikes. This was nothing like an Oktoberfest [read bottom fermented] beer and was focused, I would say, on the hops.

This is apparently brewed every year during salmon days to celebrate the running of the salmon. It arrived amber with a white one finger head that showed light retention and heavy lacing. The smell did not impress me and was malty with a decidedly ricey undercurrent. The taste, while not complex is strongly balanced between a lot of malt and a lot of hops. The hops taste citric. The finish is dry and long. It has a clean, fresh, medium bodied mouthfeel and is nicely carbonated. This is drinkable, if poorly described by the brewer.

Coho Harvest from Rogue Ales