Dead Guy Ale | Rogue Ales

Dead Guy AleDead Guy Ale

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States

Style: Maibock / Helles Bock

An ale inspired by the style of a German Maibock, brewed using our proprietary Pacman yeast, Dead Guy Ale is deep honey in color with a malty aroma, rich hearty flavor and a well balanced finish.

9 Ingredients: 2-Row, C15, Munich, Rogue Farms Dare™, Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Revolution™ & Independent™ Hops; Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.

Added by kbub6f on 09-05-2001

Ratings: 7,666 |  Reviews: 2,452

4.05/5  rDev +2.8%

I have to say, I have had this beer many times both on tap and from the bottle. It is a very good brew. I have read all of the reviews and have racked my mind, because I couldn't quite agree with the citrus, carmel, Appel and floral reviews. They all are close, but to me the taste is plum or date/fig like. It has other notes, but the plum/date/fig really stands out to me. More so out of the bottle than tap. This is a great beer regardless of what taste you can put your finger on.

3.25/5  rDev -17.5%

4.45/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I opened this up and poured it into a good beer glass. It gives a two finger head that is whitish and yellowish together. the head looks almost creamy. The head retains and laces which is something I look for in the head. The body is orangish red that has nice color; you can see through and can see bubbles rise to the top.

It smells like hops and citrusy. It has floral tones to it that are pleasing to the nose.

It tastes like hops and citrus with floral tones. Someone on here said they tasted and smelled apple, but for me that does not come through. I smell citrus hops and floral.

The mouthfeel is good with as much carbonation as is necessary. It is not too carbonated but just enough that it goes with the taste of the beer.

Overall its a very enjoyable beer. It has some tones and tastes and smells to it that I don't normally encounter in beers. It is a new thing that I enjoy. I will probably buy this again.

*Note: At the end of the bottle, it is no longer see through and you cannot see through it. Its just an orange color and is very cloudy at the end. It tastes a bit more hoppy as well. I just finished it and thought I'd note this, as at the beginning it was a different appearance.

Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Ales