American Amber Ale | Rogue Ales

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Malts: Northwest Harrington and Klages, 95-115 and 135-165 Crystal.
Hops: Kent Golding and Cascade.
Yeast & Water: Rogue's Pacman Yeast and Free Range Coastal Water.

13º PLATO

3.83/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,450 |  Reviews: 727

4.94/5  rDev +29%

App: Thick frothy milk shake like head, translucent amber with slight hayze

Aroma: Heavenly sweet malt hits you like a semi-truck, light citriusy hops, oh and did I mention sweet malt?

Mouth: Crisper than I expected, dry finish, and chewey

Taste: Did I mention sweet malt? medium high hop bitterness, with a combination of citrus and floral hop aromas for flavvour oooh sooo good

Drinkability: This is my favorite beer. if I could afford to drink it all the time I would.

4.88/5  rDev +27.4%

4.83/5  rDev +26.1%

This is now the amber by which I judge all others. Nearly perfect.
Pours crisply clear amber-red. Beautiful.
Kind of a lighty, fruit hoppy with a deep caramel scent. Maybe some biscuit as well. An ever so slight metallic tinge on the end.
Delicious, smooth maltiness when it first touches the tongue. This is followed by a broader, crisp bitterness and a bit os astringency. Very, very tasty.
Well carbonated, per the expectations of an amber, but supported by the silky-smooth malt character.
Very, very drinkable. Thank goodness this isn't cheap, or I'd be poor in the heat of the summer.
A very nicely done brew. Sure, I ranked it awfully high, but this is easily the truest and best amber I've ever had. I highly doubt that any other commercial brewers are doing such a solid amber. Damn!

4.79/5  rDev +25.1%

This is now my favorite beer of all time.

4.73/5  rDev +23.5%

Pours a murky brownish color and has a huge tan head. Impressive! It has a nice malty aroma with subdued hops on the nose. The flavor is superb... there is a nuttiness that is followed by a terrific hop bite. I think I am in love. It looks like a brown ale, smells like a brown ale and it certainly tastes like a top notch brown ale, but it is called a amber ale... go figure. All I know is that I like this beer a lot.

4.72/5  rDev +23.2%

dry hopping is the key to its success. Not only did I taste the dry hopping but also smelled it as soon as I pour it into a glass. The body is beautiful, love rubby red color when put it under the light. as I have said, the dry hopping gives this beer so many characters to review, but they are all beyond my words. Drink it slowly and enjoy it.

4.7/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

American Amber Ale from Rogue Ales