Yellow Snow IPA | Rogue Ales

Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: American IPA

8 Ingredients:
Cara Foam, Melanoiden & Rogue Micro Barley Farm Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Amarillo & Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.

15º PLATO
76 AA
14º Lovibond

Added by Avryle on 07-26-2008

Ratings: 2,100 |  Reviews: 667
3.5/5  rDev -7.7%

3.98/5  rDev +5%

Bomber bottle poured into a tulip glass.

Hazy golden pour. Inch of thick creamy head topped with big bubbles.

A little yeast in the nose, maybe some grass, but that’s it. Not what I expected from an IPA.

Nice bitter taste up front that is followed quickly by that lovely mixed tropical fruit flavor that comes from the wonderful Amarillo hop. Those flavors seem to just combine into the finish.

The 70 IBUs seem just right with the fruit flavors. Well balanced and easy to drink. I’m not sure what the ABV is, but this one goes down smooth and easy. I’ll drink it again.

2.15/5  rDev -43.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured a hazy yellow color similar to many wheat beers. There was little head, no matter how much I poured different ways.
The aroma and bouquet were somewhat missing. I did pick out the hops and some citrus, but nothing that hit me in the face,
it almost had a hint of a sour apple smell.
My first taste and what I noticed immediately was a sour hoppy flavour. Not the most appealing, but interesting.
This beer was relatively small in taste, nothing big in body. The aftertaste was small and non-distinctive.
I guess this went against one of my biggest demands on beers, is that the start and the finish were the same and that it was well balanced.
Well, for this one, I would have to say the start and the end were the same. Unfortunately, it just didnt have what I was looking for

3.91/5  rDev +3.2%

I've been on an IPA frenzy here lately and don't know why. I've never had this one....

Poured into my Stone pint glass..

A: Poured a very murky orange color with a hint of pepperiness, but not much. The head was about a finger or so that clung to the glass like Spider-Man.

S: There was a bit citrus component to this one for sure. Also, it had a bit of fresh clean cotton in the hop profile as well.

T: I really dug the way the bitterness washed away all the sweetness, but I think it perhaps did this too much. I got some of that cottonball, yeasty quality on the mid-palate.

M: Lots of grapefruity bitterness, which I dug, along with a wonderfully realized carbonation make-up. The lacing was splotchy.

O: I never really know what to expect from Rogue. The ones I like: Shakespeare Stout, Chocolate Stout, and Hazelnut Brown I like A LOT! The rest of them I could take them or leave them. I would rank this up there with one of their better efforts.

3.25/5  rDev -14.2%

3.88/5  rDev +2.4%

Served with a nice, off white, foamy head and plenty of lace. Color is a clear orange amber. Aroma is first hop, then malt, caramel, resin. Flavor is similar but there’s a little more roast character that compensates for the resin and makes it much more drinkable. Body is good, ditto carbonation. Finish is like flavor and of average length. Nice IPA.

4.25/5  rDev +12.1%