Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Double Chocolate Stout | Rogue Ales

rogue.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Availability: Summer

10 Ingredients:
C120, Chocolate and Rogue Micro Barley Farm Risk™, Cascade and Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution Hops, Rolled Oats, Honey, Natural Chocolate Flavoring, Rogue's Pacman Yeast and Free Range Coastal Water

22º PLATO
74 AA
135º Lovibond

Added by Brad007 on 08-03-2010

#970

Ratings: 1,761 |  Reviews: 391

I can't believe how much I love this

Yep I finially did it gave a perfect rating. My first beer ever.

I have had this beer in my cellar for two years. I have been a little scared of it from time to time. But what the he'll it's Christmas and a big wonderful steak to drink it with.

Let's do this-

Look. One of the darkestest I have ever seen. It seems like it lumped out of the bottle. It looked amazing. The head was the darkest I have ever seen. It looked like a normal stout head that got burnt a little. Head lasted 2 finger high for at least 4-5 min.

Smell- Carmel at first which moved towards chocolate and cocco. It smelled just like a Hersey syrupe mixed chocolate milk. You know the type you made after school groaning up.

Taste- milk chocolate with a smooth Carmel. Starts with a alcohol bite at first that rolls into honey and milk. Pure joy. The taste is of a strong stout with a pleasant sweetness. Butter.

Feel- yep a full meal in a glass. Thick heavy and smooth.

Overall. Top5 beer of all-time todate. Yes first 5 across...best stout I have ever had.

Damn you rogue. I want to hate you after the way yourcrewtreated me and my family in Newport this summer on our family vacation. Serious I try to find ways to hate them but2 of 5 favorite beers come from them.

Great beer

OH. MY. G-D.

This may well be one of the most insanely great things I've ever tasted.

Appearance : dark & lovely
Smell : rich, heavenly chocolate
Taste : rich, heavenly chocolate
Mouthfeel : creamy, luscious chocolate

Long story short: I'd your like beer and chocolate, you NEED to try this. Now. Get up, find a place that has it on tap, and buy it. You won't regret it. The only thing you'll regret is that you'll eventually finish the glass.

Double Chocolate Stout from Rogue Ales