Irish Style Lager | Rogue Ales

rogue.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Availability: Spring

7 Ingredients:
Malts: Great Western Pale, Crystal -15, Wheat & Acidulated Malts.
Hops: Sterling.
Yeast & Water: Czech Pils Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.

12º PLATO
75 AA
9.8º Lovibond

Added by Jon on 09-28-2002

Liked:
3.6/5
Alströms:
3.8

On my last beer run I took a flyer on this brew. Thanks to participating in BA, I seem to be trying styles I haven't had in ages. That said, this is probably the third lager style beer I've had as of late. My score is indicative of my particular taste slant - I prefer a thicker malty lager.

A - golden straw colored. Actually could see my tv through the brew clearly. kinda fun.
S - light on the trademark lager yeast smell. hint of hops and grain.
T - Very lightly lager yeast, background tastes of hops, green apple and grain. Nothing really prominent through the taste experience, rather this brew seems to be intended as a compliment to a pub food experience or dinner.
M - Very light. can't say it enough.
D - easy to drink, low alcohol content so even at a 22oz bomber serving size it doesn't overwhelm.

Light golden pour with a big fluffy white head. Smell is of light malt, tart apple juice like yeast. Very, very light bodied, with a somewhat tart flavor of apples, light breadiness, and pale lager like malt. Easy drinking, smooth with a quick, clean finish with basically no detectable bitterness, but nothing to write home about.
If you have to pay $5.50 a bomber for it where you live too, I'd wait for a day when your girlfriend is being really generous and decides to buy it for you, as I did, because I can think of many better beers for the price. (but thank you honey)

Appearance: light gold, slightly hazy. no real head to speak of with light carbonation
Smell: nothing distinctive
Taste: very light with a slight bitter finish. tasted very mainstream if that is an valid descriptive. I am guilty here of comparing it to Harp which has a bigger flavor.

Overall a very average beer, the best that I can say is that there wasn't anything offensive about it. A little disappointing since I expected more from Rogue, but overall very drinkable.

Poured this beer from the bottle to a 50 degree tumbler. What can I say, I guess I think this was just an average beer by the way I scored it. The beer was a noce gold color with a decent head. The beer tasted fresh with a bit of a bite at first taste. Fair lacing also. I guess I would buy again but only if there was not much of a choice of beer.

A - Pours a clear golden amber in to my glass witha slight white carbinated head that dissapates quickly leaving no lace.

S- It smell of light citrusy noble hops. Not a strong overpowering aroma but its follwed by a light malt prescence.

T - Light bicuity flavor, some bread, and maybe some vineous flavors bouncing around in there. Like a light chardonnay.

M - Kinda chewy for the style. not light enough. Creamy on the tounge, and has sharpness from the carbination on the mid-tip of the tounge.

D - Its a light Euro pale lager. Its not bursting with flavor, but it is true to style.

Irish Style Lager from Rogue Ales