Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale | Rogue Ales

Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: Smoked Beer

13 Ingredients:
Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts; Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast

Specs:
14º PLATO
76 AA
30º Lovibond

Added by msubulldog25 on 09-01-2011

Ratings: 1,687 |  Reviews: 416

I agree with Hornet2003. This is a Specialty Beer. Appearance is clear amber, great carbonation, has an outstanding odor, texture is pure bliss. Rogue again pulls off what most are too scared to try. Don't buy this if your expectations are not for a Maple-Bacon beer!!!! heeellloooo....Beer in the morning after a hang-over???? This is it...with scrambled eggs and salsa!!

4.99/5  rDev +78.2%

I know this is a divisive beer but it does what it wants, which is more thanmost beers do
A- nice semi dark amber, all beer is pretty too me, but I love the bottle art'
S - maple n slightly smoked malts
T- follows the nose very mapley minor smokey notes
M - super drinkable
O - no this isn't the best beer ive had but my god does it try to be special and it is different from anything ive ever drank I love it

4.97/5  rDev +77.5%

This beer is amazing. I've been waiting to find this gem and it was worth the wait. The scent of this beer is pure maple. As soon as the beer hits your tongue, your senses are flooded with bacon. The maple hits you after, leaving almost a coating in your mouth. On the back end, you do seem to pick up the donut flavor. Overall, it is an incredible beer. I wasn't sure how these flavors would work together in a beer, but it is a perfect combination. Like breakfast in your mouth! I picked up an extra bottle at Total Wine and was assured that they would be ordering a larger quantity in the future!

4.94/5  rDev +76.4%

Wow, the name just conjures the image of a drooling Homer Simpson.

A beautiful amber hue with a white head greets the eye. It does resemble a smoked beer after all. I wasn't expecting something darker so it fits.

Ohhhh, glazed maple donuts, wrapped in applewood smoked bacon. Wow. I love this. I don't care what everyone else says. This is unique. I need more bottles of it!

Beechwood, applewood, cherrywood, hickory and maple explode in my mouth. Oh my god. Ohhh. It's an orgasm in my mouth!

Dry finish too! Like the aftertaste of a finely smoked meat. Wow. Just wow.

This beer will probably not appeal to everyone. I am in love though and I will add that as a Vermonter, I have beers with maple added and this is an amazing effort.

Forgive me fellow BAs, for I have sinned....at the altar of the almighty bacon!

4.89/5  rDev +74.6%

this beer is amazing... exactly what the beer says....750 of the pink bottle. taste is much lighter than you would assume.... after the first taste i had a strong maple syrup flavor, almost like after you ate something with maple syrup. but the beer is lighter than you'ld assume and it is much more drinkable than you'ld think. its definately something yould want to drink once and maybe more if you were into the flavor... very delicious

4.84/5  rDev +72.9%

11 month old bottle.

A - A really nice looking beer. Bright nectarine amber body. Fine bubbled, off-white head with great retention and ok lace.

S - Wow, delicious crispy meaty bacon, real maple syrup, and waffles.

T - Stellar smokey salty bacon with touch of sweet maple over a blanket of malt. Think bacon waffle batter, slow cooked in a hickory wood smoker. Lingering maple finish lasts for freak'n ever.

M - Thick and creamy, with a low level of carbonation that works well for the flavor profile.

O - Best smoke beer I've ever had. If you're a fan of smoke beers, you need to find yourself one of these.

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale from Rogue Ales