Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale | Rogue Ales

Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: Smoked Beer

13 Ingredients:
Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts; Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast

Specs:
14º PLATO
76 AA
30º Lovibond

Added by msubulldog25 on 09-01-2011

Ratings: 1,687 |  Reviews: 416

Dear Beer Drinkers of the World,

(spoiler alert) - I did not read ANY reviews before buying this beer...

So... I bought this novelty beer after hearing that a Bacon/Doughnut beer existed... wow... was I ever surprised! Picked up the last bottle in the district... stuck it in the fridge for 2 days and got all the boys together to try it out. I’m not familiar with Rogue as a doughnut brand, but what I've read from other reviewers is that they are pretty special. So we cracked this beer yesterday (25’ weather) - the head looked gross, a bubbly vomit yellow bubbling from the bottle.. it smelled like maple.. and... the artificial bacon smell.. I poured a few glasses for all my friends, we raised our glasses for a cheers and each of us gulped it down. YUCK! We all had the same reaction right away. My final review of this beer is this: It tastes like if you licked a dirty greasy grill from your BBQ, took a swig of the cheapest beer... ate a piece of burned bacon, added a shot of fake maple flavoring while inhaling campfire smoke... pretty much sums up this beer. I would NOT recommend this to ANYONE! Keep beer, bacon and doughnuts separate. THE END!

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale from Rogue Ales