Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale | Rogue Ales

poor
Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter AleVoodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Rogue Ales has again collided with Voodoo Doughnut to create Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale! This unique artisan creation contains a baker's dozen ingredients including chocolate, banana and peanut butter to match Voodoo’s "Memphis Mafia" doughnut- a nod to Elvis' entourage

Added by UCLABrewN84 on 12-03-2012

2.9

1.5/5  rDev -48.3%

3.44/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

The Voodoo is an interesting beer to say the least. The beer poured an opaque dark with thin ecru head that is leaving a spotty lace. The scent carried Hershey like chocolate and banana bread....not getting much peanut butter. The taste was mostly weak chocolate. The mouthfeel was light in body (which for this beer style I would prefer a medium to fuller body) with smooth carbonation. Overall its interesting...and not over the top.

2.75/5  rDev -5.2%

4.25/5  rDev +46.6%

3.05/5  rDev +5.2%

A high school classmate and contemporary drinking buddy, Mike, came over last night and we laid waste to a bunch of bombers. Bombers are a real sticking point in my backlog as I do not like to drink them by myself. I could, but I like when others help me to do so. This one came from The Fridge and went into my fridge.

From the bottle: "Dedicated to Tres & Cat Daddy, the rogues of Voodoo Doughnuts."

I popped off the "oxygen-fixing" cap and gave each of us a generous pour. Following the pseudo-cascade, I had a finger of light-tan head with decent retention. Color was a solid dark-brown (SRM = 44), although they identified it as 75 Lovibond. I have a handle on SRM, so I am not going to try to learn Lovibond unless I have to. Nose definitely gave off banana esters, but accompanied by a maple syrup and an odd fried-doughnut quality. I was now gearing up for unrelenting sweetness. Mouthfeel was medium. Taste was sweet, all right, but chocolate and banana were about it. Finish was likewise sweet and the peanut butter made a brief appearance at the end, but it might as well have had an asterisk next to it on the label for as much as it mattered. A definite novelty.

2.75/5  rDev -5.2%