Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale | Rogue Ales

Voodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter AleVoodoo Doughnut Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale
2.8/5

Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States
rogue.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Rogue Ales has again collided with Voodoo Doughnut to create Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale! This unique artisan creation contains a baker's dozen ingredients including chocolate, banana and peanut butter to match Voodoo’s "Memphis Mafia" doughnut- a nod to Elvis' entourage

Added by UCLABrewN84 on 12-03-2012

2.94/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

After sitting in my fridge for about a year, I finally got up the nerve to crack open a bottle of this stuff. I had the Bacon Maple beer that Rogue did awhile back. It was weird but not terribly awful, so I was hesitant how well Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana would mesh with beer.

Upon my first sip, I got a a nice chocolate taste with a hint of peanut butter. I'm definitely not getting much of the banana. With subsequent sips, the chocolate flavor became less pronounced and got more a bitter flavor, that wasn't too pleasant.

Overall, not awful, but I don't think I'd get this beer again. But I know whenever Rogue does a new Voodoo Doughnut beer, I'll be sure to try it out of curiosity.

2.75/5  rDev -1.8%

3.52/5  rDev +25.7%

A- pours nearly opaque black with a small creamy light-tan head that retains nicely, leaving behind big patches of lace

S- big chocolate aroma up front is very reminiscent of their chocolate stout, definitely picking up the peanut butter, although subtle. There's a sweetness that almost smells like grape jelly as well. Having trouble picking up the banana aroma

T- artificial berry-like sweetness at the beginning, transitions into a milk chocolate mid-palate with slightly roasted malt smokiness, the peanuts don't actually become noticeable until the finish, it gives more of a toasted peanut flavor on the linger. The banana is hard to pick up, perhaps I'm confusing the berry sweetness with what is actually banana?

M- light body with moderate carbonation leads to a super thin and watery mouthfeel, smooth finish

O- Judging by the ratings, I didn't have high hopes for this one, but I actually liked it. The mouthfeel was the only thing holding it back, as it was way to thin. Still enjoyable overall.

1.25/5  rDev -55.4%