Greenville Pale Ale | Twin Lakes Brewing Co.

Greenville Pale AleGreenville Pale Ale
3.67/5
Good
Greenville Pale AleGreenville Pale Ale

Twin Lakes Brewing Co.
Delaware, United States
twinlakesbrewingcompany.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Greenville Pale Ale is a traditional, American-style Pale Ale that is rooted in the Pacific Northwest brewing tradition. We use whole flower Cascade hops and American two-row barley malt to produce a light amber ale that is medium bodied with a significant floral-citrus hop essence and aroma that makes it extremely drinkable and refreshing. One of our brewers said “You should name a beer after the town it’s brewed in.” So we did. This is our signature brew. Greenville Pale Ale represents both our local roots in Greenville, Delaware and our interest in “green” technology for the future.

Added by DarkerTheBetter on 08-27-2006

2.91/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

A - once inch head - creamy and foamy looking, yellow golden hue

S - not much here, hops, some sweetness, fruitiness, bread, yeast, all very mild

T - some hops, some malt and barley, hints of fruit sweetness, not too much taste here over, just a pale ale with mild hops

M - crisp, light bubbly

O - I find this beer to be very mediocre. The hops have slight bitterness. It is not bad but it is not something that jumps out to me. The hops have some sweetness, but hard to really detect, brief tastes of malt and barley. Again, very light and mild. Would be an okay summer beer, but not something I find myself coming back to,

4.06/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Offered from my brother in law at my god-daughter's birthday party.

poured into plastic solo cup (at a pool party). Not much I can see to comment but had about 1 finger head. Fluffy white.

Sweet malt aroma with a touch of orange.

Taste up front is bready and caramel malt. Sweet. A touch bitter on the finish. A bit of orange rind. Great balance. APA for sure.

Medium body and decent carbonation. Not really dry. A bit viscous but drinkable.

Pleased with this beer. Had a choice between this and SNPA. I'm glad i chose this one. Would probably do the same if given the same choice again. Nice work Twin Lakes.

3.75/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours quite cloudy brownish amber with a lot of lacing. Nose is orange and a mild bit of earth. Flavor is thick, thanks to it being unfiltered. Kind of an earthy hoppy thing going on with wads of orange and a lot of malts. A date on the can would be helpful here. But since it isn't to be seen, I will have to make do. A pretty decent beer.

4.25/5  rDev +15.8%

3.86/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

This was a good beer. It had a nice appearance of clear amber and a bright lasting head.
The aroma was bright and hoppy from the minute I popped the top. Floral hops dominated the nose with cereal grains and malts balancing out.
Taste was good with some citrusy notes but generally hop taste was muddled and bitter. Malts have a good bite too.
I felt on the palate the beer was course.
I really have no complaints about this beer. It looks good, it smells good, and it tastes good.

Greenville Pale Ale from Twin Lakes Brewing Co.