X Big Tony | Mikkeller ApS

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by Crosling on 04-11-2007

4.25/5  rDev 0%

4.22/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

500 IBU's according to the brewery! Murky orange color, with no head. Fairly explosive nose, dominated by hops and fruits.

I’m guessing the hops have faded quite a bit. That being said, their still huge. What is present is an absolutely lovely and extremely concentrated flavor of golden raisins, big hops, sweet & wild fruits and dried apricots.

Sticky mouthfeel, with an enduring finish. I don’t detect any hints of alcohol (but like I’ve said before, I am extremely fortunate, in that I hardly ever taste alcohol flavor in beer.) To me, this is the perfect sipper and I really like this beer. Thanks, Jeppe.

X Big Tony from Mikkeller ApS