Beer Geek Brunch Weasel | Mikkeller ApS

Denmark
mikkeller.dk

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Brewed at Nøgne Ø.

Imperial oatmeal stout brewed with coffee. Ingredients: Water, malts, hops, yeast and Vietnamese ca phe chon coffee.

Added by ClockworkOrange on 01-02-2009

Ratings: 2,868 |  Reviews: 838

Amazing beer. Thick and rich like a milkshake.

Poured from a bottle into a Sam Smith half pint glass.

As black as a shot of espresso or your favorite roast. Weasel is a nothing short of amazing. Complete coffee overload but at the same time a very balanced stout. It has a slight sweetness too, so its not all bitter which lightens up the taste as it goes down. I enjoy all things coffee, especially my beer. There are some chocolate notes in the scent and taste. The mouthfeel is especially interesting because it doesn't leave my palate dry and it isn't as thick as I expected. In my opinion, If I ever see this again I know I won't hesitate to snatch up a bottle in an instant.

Picked this up at the fan-damn-tastic new Greenville Beer Exchange, with a huge array of taps and labyrinthine stores of beer. I wasn't sure that I was going to review this again, as I think I pretty much knocked it out the box with my first review from a bottle of BGBW, but after tasting this I couldn't help but write a little bit about it.

A - Poured from a growler into a tulip glass. Pours slightly syrupy and black with chocolate brownie highlights and an extremely faint, fleeting dark brown head.

S - Cocoa and dark chocolate, but filtered through a sort of earthiness. Dark roasted coffee beans, dark fruit.

T - Really chocolaty, oaty, earthy kind of sweet flavor to begin. Chocolate syrupy with a strong dose of alcohol. All of this is highlighted by strong, sharp coffee flavor. There is also a great flavor of this remarkable smoky, burnt carbon flavor like log that have been burning on a lone campfire. Substantial alcohol aftertaste.

M - Extremely smooth, low carbonation.

Beer Geek Brunch Weasel from Mikkeller ApS