Spontankriek | Mikkeller ApS

mikkeller.dk

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Added by pixieskid on 04-10-2011

3.84/5  rDev +7%

I enjoyed this beer thoroughly. A little pricey but worth it considering I don't see it much in northern Maine. Great red/light brown hue with a champagne style effervescence. Medium tartness followed by a slight cherry flavor. Only thing off on this beer was the smell. Totally skunky, Heineken smell which I will attribute to the green bottle and handling of the bottle in the store (sat right by the window). Overall very good.

3.25/5  rDev -9.5%

1.9/5  rDev -47.1%

This shit was an absolute drain pour! I am a fan of Mikkeller, but this was terrible. The color was a nice red/amber hue, frothy, and smell of a nice lambic kriek. It all ended there...this first sip was sour and tasteless. No taste at all of cherries, and not even a good sour or gueze, but a weak almost nasty sour taste...yuck. The beer had plenty of carbonation, so I know it was not spoiled or bad. I could not believe how much different the smell and taste was! I took a sip, and then a taste and a drink. I honestly tried to like it, but could not bring myself to come close to finishing my half glass. Split the bottle with my Dad on Christmas Eve and we were both of the same opinion. Looks can be decieving is a proper, fitting name for this beer. Terrible.

3.96/5  rDev +10.3%

Bottle: Poured a reddish color Lambic with a large foamy head with good retention and some good lacing. Aroma consists of tart cherry notes with light woody notes. Taste is also dominated by tart cherries notes with some woody notes and some light funky notes. Body is about average with good carbonation. Not as funky as some of its Belgian cousin but very well brewed with good amount of complexity and well balanced acidity level.

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%