Sour Bitch | Mikkeller ApS

Mikkeller ApS
Denmark
mikkeller.dk

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Spontanale with lychee fruit.

Brewed at De Proef Brouverij.

Added by bark on 07-18-2011

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

4.17/5  rDev +8%

Pours a very lovely pale straw color and smells quite sour and alive. First taste is sour and slightly bitter with a light sweetness lingering on the aftertaste from the lychee.

The sour dissipates lightning fast and I think I would prefer this if it puckered a bit more, but the dry finish is very nice. It's a really easy drink at 7.7% ABV and by the end of this bottle, I will presumably feel it.

This is the first sour I've had from Mikkeller and I really like it. Would be very interesting to see how it develops with some time on it since the fruit either doesn't seem to add a ton or lychees already taste like sour beer. I've only ever had them twice. Once, I was on a 3-day bender at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas. Their brunch buffet is truly remarkable and I remember choking a couple lychees down before pocketing a handful for good luck at the craps tables. It worked.

My other lychee experience was a martini, my fifth of the night, so yeah. I am no lychee expert.

Anyway, this is really a nice drinking sour beer and I'm glad I have more.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last