Grande Negro Voodoo Papi | Voodoo Brewery

Voodoo Brewery
Pennsylvania, United States
voodoobrewery.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Big Black Voodoo Daddy brewed with vanilla beans, cinnamon, and aged with ghost peppers.

Added by claaark13 on 03-25-2013

4.95/5  rDev +11%

4.88/5  rDev +9.4%

Review from notes. Consumed on “Barrel Release Day” March 23, 2013. I waited in line for hours for the privilege to purchase one of the first cases of the bottle release. Before being called up to purchase my case I enjoyed several of these beers on tap. I took specific notes for each of them and I will finally upload their reviews here on my beeradvocate account. There is one thing that I am not sure of. My notes include the following comment: “BBVD brewed with Vanilla Beans and Cinnamon” (the BBVD probably refers to “Big Black Voodoo Daddy”). So I am pretty sure that note was meant for this beer but I could be mistaken. Poured into a snifter from the firkin tap at the brewery.

A No light comes through. The slightest of dark brown heads floats on top. Could the look be any better? 5.0

S Dark Roast Malt, sweet vanilla notes, excellent! 4.5

T Excellently crafted beer with Dark Roast malt carried right over from the smell. Also evident were the Ghost Peppers. I thought that it might be too much but it worked nicely with the soft, sweet vanilla. Now THIS is why I love Voodoo Brewing Company so much. 5.0

M Thick, velvety feel, expertly prepared and presented. 5.0

D/O Drinkability is unbelievably good for a beer of this style. I had no problem repeatedly sipping it until it was gone. Overall this is a world class beer. 5.0

Grande Negro Voodoo Papi from Voodoo Brewery