Marcus Brau Hefeweizen | Microbrauerei Barkowsky - Marcus Bräu

Microbrauerei Barkowsky - Marcus Bräu
Germany
marcus-braeu.de

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by rinhaak on 07-07-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by rinhaak:
2.42/5  rDev 0%

I am a fan of hefeweizens, and I particularly enjoy them in Germany. In comparison to other German beer styles, I find the bar generally fairly high on these beers, and, until tonight, I had never had a bad one.

Yet this hefe is easily the worst I have ever tasted. They call it a hefeweizen, though it is much more clear than cloudy (could it be a mislabeled kristallweizen?). An unusual and understated aroma that wasn't bad, per se, but not what I associate with the style: no banana or clove, it had a faint aroma of wet wheat fields.

The flavor is what got me: it was almost undrinkable. Flavors of dirty laundry and bleach, it made me wonder if something was wrong with the line. There was a distinct chemical flavor that was, honestly, rather terrible.

I have no idea what they did to this beer, and it really is possible there was something wrong with the tap line, but if this is their hefe, I would strongly urge you to not drink it.

Marcus Brau Hefeweizen from Microbrauerei Barkowsky - Marcus Bräu