Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Added by Bitterbill on 04-21-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by Bitterbill:
3.93/5  rDev -1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Bottle number 56 on label of the 750ml, 52 on the cap. :^) $15.00 at The Liquor Shed.

A- Cloudy rusty brown colour, it gushed when I popped the cap, darn it. It HAD a huge head of foam but now that it's settled down, there's about a half inch of foam and does well with the lacing.

S- This was aged in Bourbon barrels and it smells like it. Trying to get past that to the base beer is tough. I'll just leave it at that and see what the taste brings.

T- Bourbon very much up front but I do get something resembling a Brown Ale. Heavy on the caramel malt, slightly bready or is it biscuity...toasted malt..yeah that's the one I'm getting. Because of the huge Bourbon notes, it's a bit boozy but not as hot as it could be, thankfully. More and more sips in and the taste is steady as she goes with the malty sweetness though it stops shy of being cloying.

M-Medium bodied, loads of carbonation, the mouthfeel is *pretty* good.

O- Lander Brewing just started bottling 750s, there are 3 beers that they've packaged so far, and this is my first one and other than the nasty mess I got when I opened it, overall, this is pretty good and I'll stick my neck out and say that this would be a good one to explore cellaring with.

My tip of the hat to Lander Brewing. A nice effort indeed.

PS: I took another whiff just for whiff's sake and I think I'm getting a hint of some Brett....part of the name of another of their new bottled beers. I hope there isn't any cross contamination, making them all taste the same/similar??

Poured by the man himself. Thank you, sir.

Copper body, moderate haze, khaki head. Smoke aroma, wood, sausage, campfire. Charred wood, burnt malt. Medium bodied. Solid.

10 Lb Brown from Lander Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.